Thursday, February 04, 2010

How lengthy should your resume be?

Before i start, apologies for the delay folks, I am dealing with travel and a bad stomach ache, so posting rate has slowed down to zero.

But I am hoping to recover soon and get back on track.

By the way, day before yesterday I was updating a resume for a friend with him. As we were updating, he questioned how much details should we put in a resume.

How much should it reveal?

As you know I maintain that for resume, the first page should give a snapshot of your career and profile. The rest are just addons

A resume of 2 to 3 page is maximum, you should keep it under this limit. The tight it is the better. It's your marketing document that brings you interviews.

So don't make the runway long for the resume to travel or else the hr will drop the resume before the take off.

I will discuss more on resume length and types of resume latter this week. So stay tuned.

Read more :

Search This Blog