Thursday, September 27, 2007

3 suggestions from an avionics engineer for AeSI students

As you might know, I am not an avionics guy. It's propulsion that I have craved and marked my distinction. So when I came across several queries on avionics related stuff. First thing I did was to send a mail to my seniors who I know are into avionics and working in reputed avionics firms doing avionics related.

So Kapil bhaiya is one of them and he is in HONEYWELL, for which I can safely say "Honeywell, a dream company for an avionics guy!" So he was kind enough to reply me on 3 things that he thought avionics students of AeSI should do.


In India, all companies related to Avionics are doing software related projects. So one must have a good c and c++ knowledge... As you might remember in my earlier post I also noticed this same fact. He also added "...in Avionics "Ada" language is also there but one can’t learn that out side. Development is very rare only in DRDO labs." So I guess he suggested that if you get training in this labs then its good to work on that ADA!


Second thing he noted is that Avionics is all about Navigation and Instruments. So, one should know these instruments. Read about them. Avionic books are filled with them so carry on with it.

Thirdly he pointed out that whatever be your stream, avionics, aerodynamics or propulsion. At the basic level you are leveled as aerospace engineer, so a good knowledge of principles of flight is expected from you. So keep your principle of flights book handy and carry. This is the place where most of the interview’s technical questions will come from....

Well this are the 3 things he said that one must have so folks, thought the advice is specific to avionics folks but every aeronautical society of India student can benefit from it. Right from your study day’s one can hone this things.

Good luck folks and big thank you to Kapil bhaiya for sharing his views. Thanks a lot!!

Related stories that you may like


Be prepared Concurrent technologies will look for avionics engineers!
Ebooks for aerospace
Skills and tools for avionics stream AeSI students
How to eliminate Worries and confusions during training
3 suggestions from an avionics engineer for AeSI students

Search This Blog