Thursday, March 10, 2011

Design-Analysis softwares or programming language should an AeSI graduate choose?

Recently Rohan had this question for me. He is in section B(aero mech), doing it from G.I.E.

His query

"
Sir, can u plz spare some time to tell us(i n my friends) whether we should go for learning softwares(catia proE..) or improve programming language(c, c++).
thanks sr.
"

So what should he do?

Should he learn analysis or design softwares or learn programming languages?

What's your call?

I would say do both. Design and analysis softwares are part of an engineers life. You can't bypass them. In the start they are the skills sets that can fetch you a job.

But knowing programming in any language is a life skill. It will make your life easier. As you pick programming skills, you will be able to automate stuff and tasks.

As an aesi graduate, I don't want you to push you towards software engineering if you aren't passionate about it, but learning and knowing a language will definitely give you an edge.

This all depends on your choice, and inclination.


During my AeSI days, and training period, I was more inclined towards programming but never missed an opportunity to pick up solidworks, ansys, etc.

The choice is yours!!

So it's your turn, tell us Design-Analysis softwares or programming language - which one should an AeSI graduate choose?

Search This Blog