Thursday, February 05, 2009

Ready Fire Aim

Ready Fire Aim !!!!!!

I like this approach and have used it in many of my learning projects. This is way I work on them and this is the way things have worked for me

The other way is ready aim and fire.  so you see except the ready being common nothing is common. 

The ready is getting the gun, holding it properly. In case of learning a tool it is installing the tool, knowing how to use it, knowing the basic functions of it. Figuring out how to begin is the ready stage.

Majority of us do this stage nicely and then for the aimers they get stuck, getting there aim right. Some do it to a greater degree and some to a lesser degree. Then like in new software tool they wait for inspiration to come to create something useful, they wait to write the perfect useful program, they wait to mesh a great complicated model. Or they wait to create that perfect CAD model.

If you follow the same ready aim pattern, then you are likely that you will be getting stuck at the aiming part.

This is where I deviate my path. I fire. I dive into the tool. I get the tool and begin creating stuff with it, yes the stuff are not world class but still its not a blank screen, The first time I tried solidworks, I didn’t draw a compressor model, I began with a cube, Yes a cube!! Then a glass and so on.. For solidworks I began with drawing a glass, then to cups and so forth, Then as I got stuck, I referred back to any manual that I had and this is where aim came into the picture.

So try the ready fire aim approach. Get ready, then fire and then adjust. Reading all about the tool and starting it is much better than waiting for inspiration, waiting for some how to tutorials… so FIRE!!!

Search This Blog