Thursday, July 30, 2009

Which software to use? Advise to AeSI aerospace students!

In my previous post, I highted 3 softwares that I will recommend to
any propulsion (aerospace) engineer entering the industry. Though I
mentioned three specific softwares but they are certainly not the only
one used in the industry.

Those 3 were the softwares that I will take up if I were a fresh AeSI
graduate today.

Every organisation uses many different softwares. Even CAD, CAE
softwares vary from department to department. And these softwares also
change with each year.

I have seen catia replacing unigraphics and again next year catia
replaced by a brand new cad program in my department. So don't fret
about the softwares too much. They change like governments!

Start with whatever options that are available to you. But be
consistent. Consistent in putting in your time, consistent in sitting
with the software every day. Consistent in learning the tool.

Always remember, no matter what software you use, study or practise,
It's YOU who will matter ultimately in your design and analysis.
Softwares are just the tools that enable you to weive the magic!

Search This Blog