Monday, July 06, 2009

Range and Endurance - How to Finish Project Faster?

Range and endurance. Though both are important, but you cannot have
both of them at the same time.

Range means getting the maximum output for a given amount of
motivation, while endurance means being at the work for the longest
time. Range means being productive at constant rate but only for a
small stretch of time, while endurance is putting in the minimum work
for a longer time.

When one begins a project, whatever that might be, she should shoot
for range. That is get maximum done at the start. And then change gear
to get maximum endurance, that is doing little bit everyday by putting
in the time for long. This is the stategy that one should adopt while
study, while learning a software tool or in working on a job assignment.

In my recent project, I took advantage of the early enthusiasm and got
the first prototype ready within two day. I used my motivation as the
fuel to propel the project to a certain point where I can now shift my
focus from getting something done to perfecting what I have built. So
most of the task I will have now can be done by just putting in some
time into the project each and everyday.


Shift your focus from range vs endurance to range and endurance and
you will get things done faster!!!

Search This Blog