Friday, March 27, 2009

When in section A, don’t worry about jobs and all

Section B marks the greatest change in an AeSI students life. I remember when I crossed section A, I was the happiest person on earth that day. It felt like that. After all, this was the change that I was expecting for a while then.


This step meant great to me as this brought me closure to the completion of AMAeSI degree. Crossing over to this side of AeSI degree meant I was just a few steps away from being an aeronautical engineer. It meant being close to the freedom of earning my own money, it meant I was closer to be working at an aerospace organization.

So what were the thoughts that went to my mind. The prominent thought that I remember was about learning catia, as this was only cad software that I heard about back then, it meant looking at the kind of jobs available in the market for aerospace. The thought of the training or job decision also went through my mind


What's the point I want to make, when you are in section A, don't worry about job prospect, skills development, jobs outlook, training or any other thing. Just study and hook your attention to getting good marks and passing section A. Don't burn yourself in any other tension.

Section B and most importantly the last two semester of AeSI are the best time when you need to think of jobs, skills development, training etc. So till then enjoy your studies. Learn what you read, expand your knowledge, improve your communication skills and  essentially have masti.


Treat your journey of AeSI like a marathon, start slow and steady. Don't burn up all your fuel in the initial legs. Keep them for the last two semester of AeSI. Till then expand your knowledge, do interesting projects, build networks, grow your subject knowledge etc.


Being a rocket is not what is required. Be a jet engine first.

Related stuff:

Search This Blog