Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Quit AeSI

quit-aesi While I was at my native place back in November, someone from AeSI explained the desperate situation he was in.

The guy is from a small town with big dreams and was lured into AeSI with high hopes by the institutions that I have already talked about here in this blog. So were his parents and after sometime he realized the truth of AeSI to be a tough nut to crack and on repeated attempt he was unable to pass some subjects but his parents were under impression that their son is doing good and in the growing aerospace sector and had great future.

But the guy was under great pressure because of this and he wrote under that pressure that he wanted to quit AeSI but couldn't because of the shame and sense of betrayal before his parents. He asked me what to do?

At that time I had no answer. I was stunned by the desperation of that guy. I could see through his words and can visualize exactly what he was feeling and what situation he was in. I have seen a friend and batch mate of mine who was in the same situation long back.

At that time I thought why was I not in that position, why I never felt that even though I had my share of AeSI blues and surprises. And the fact that rose from that introspection was from day one I began AeSI, I made it a point to not to lie or withheld any information regarding my subjects and results from my parents. This decision of not keeping my parents in the dark was one the main strength that stood by me even when AeSI surprised me with its marks. During those times when I had only one subject to cross one of the milestones of AeSI, the pressure I was equal or similar that one must feel if compressed in a piston. For me since the mark sheet always went to my parents, I knew they know and there understanding acted as my escape valves.

Yes my parents had little idea about AeSI and its functioning and they freaked out when I failed or the marks were not good enough but I kept them in confidence, if it was my fault I admitted and I showed them the overall results and the whole picture so slowly they knew AeSI.

So what I can advice the guy is to be honest and come clear to his parents and if you can do it now. Do it. yes its tough but keep at it and bring them in confidence and march forward without any fear or worry.

If you can’t do any of this then Quit AeSI. Yes this is the options that I have seen 4 of batch mates execute when they felt they couldn’t take it any more and now all of them are doing great in there respective fields. One a professor, one working in managerial position and another one has began his own business. So decide for yourself. Life does not begin or end with AeSI.

What will you tell the guy? Please post in your comments? what he should do? Should he be honest and hang on or cruise out? do share your views in the comment.

Search This Blog