Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Until one is committed, there is hesitancy

Signal vs. Noise by Matt

Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one elementary truth the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, the providence moves too. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one’s favor all manner of unforeseen incidents, meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamt would have come his way. I learned a deep respect for one of Goethe’s couplets: “Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!”

W. H. Murray

Very true Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!

Personally with this blog I had the same experience, just as you all know my decision to write one post per day for this blog has changed many things. I was thinking about keeping my posting schedule for a long time but I never committed to myself but in the month of January I made a public announcement on this blog that I will write at least one post per day. That decision about my commitment changed everything and from then onward I still continue with that new habit.

Everyday I don’t have any new thing to write but still I put in the time I have allocated to it and come up with something that my readers will find value in.

So if you find yourself hesitating in some areas of life, in some subject, in some of your goals then make a decision and commit yourself, you will see how this simple act will evaporate your hesitancy and bring a whole stream of unforeseen incidents, meetings and material assistance to your door.

Boldness truly has magic in it!! Try it!!

You might want to Subscribe to AeSI by Email and read the archive

Search This Blog