Friday, September 05, 2008

The worst résumé I have ever seen of an AeSI guy


Yesterday a friend of mine who is in the process of recruiting AeSI graduates for his firm received this resume.

Take a look at the resume.








Immediately he forwarded the resume to me.

It’s the worst résumé I have ever seen.

See the structure and how it is aligned. I have deliberately distorted the names and reference but look at it and you will realize how pathetic the resume writing skills are for the guy who sends it.

If this is the standard of the resume I am sure he will be struggling to get a job for a long time. Today I am shocked but I promise to dissect this resume in weeks time and make his resume more rounded and presntable.

Point wise what are blunders he did.
  • 5 pages resume.
  • His personal profile is first thing he writes
  • Objective is the last sentence of the resume
  • Language he uses in the resume is not professional.
  • No format or standards followed


I feel so sorry for this guy and bad for myself that even though I am writing on this topic so often in this blog and still there are people in AeSI who aren’t reading any of it. A little while ago someone asked me why I promote this blog on orkut and this is the answer. I don’t want AeSI guys to be so naïve. I don’t want them to be the lowest denominators…… This is bad and what good is your degree if you lack the bare minimum of sense. So guys if you are reading this refer this resource to other AeSI folks. Lets be professional enough to be able to send a resume properly.







Search This Blog