Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Nothing Happens Overnight

Remember this when you are building skills. Nothing happens overnight.

Building skills, knowledge requires time and consistent effort.

Building skills is like a marathon. Start small and do it daily and
soon you will find yourself mastering the skill.

This is how my current pgplot learning is going on. In a few months
time, I feel I am comfortable in it and building solid skills in
creating gui based fortran programs.

My earlier attempts at it had failed since I wanted to run it like a
speed race. I learnt something but nothing stuck.

This time, I gave pgplot the time and consistent daily practice and
boy I am proud.


What is your take on this? How do you learn new skills?


If you are interested, I posted some of my work in pgplot at the
following link.

http://sukhbinder.wordpress.com/category/pgplot/

Search This Blog