Thursday, May 28, 2009

Time your answers

In my previous post highlighting 3 steps to take in an examination
hall, I hinted on timing your answers. I want to continue that
discussion here and will disclose the time management technique that I
used.

So without delay let's begin.

Recollecting the last post I said that don't time individual answers
but fit questions in an hour. Don't fix that you need to do one
question in 20 mins, but fix the number of questions you will complete
in 60 mins.

This is the way I kept my time. Each hour depending on the type and
total number of questions I always divided the questions that I need
to complete in an hour and then tried to hit that target!!

Some questions took longer and some took less time but I always
completed the said amount of questions on time. Another advantage of
this technique was we don't have to see our watch after each question.
We know we are on time if we can finish the previously decided number
of questions in 60 mins.

Now having a watch on time also had an additional advantage. When you
set a time, your mind reads the question more carefully and tries to
give you the answer that you can fit in your time. Many a times I saw
that if I hadn't set a time for the questions I misinterpret what is
being asked and write a long answer to a short specific question..

So now when you are sitting for the exam, keep this in your mind.
Decide on the number of question in an hour and stick to it.


Good luck!!

Search This Blog