Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Learning matlab solidworks to solve problems

If you read this blog regularly then by now you must know from the
couple of blog entries of last week that matlab is the tool I am
concentrating on. Its the software that I am spending my most of my
waking hours on!

I already had a good amount of exposure in MATLAB in NAL, this time I
am picking it up again as it's the need of the project that I will be
involved for a couple of months now. As I went through the re
familiarization of matlab, I felt one thing that I did then that gave
me an edge this time.

When I learnt matlab back in the days of nal, I applied what I learnt
to some practical use. Yes I got the opportunity to make an axial flow
compressor modelling tool but before that I used matlab as my software
learning log. It logged and compiled neat charts of all the time I
spent on softwares in NAL!!

This was one of the many practical day to day scripts that I wrote in
matlab! Same way with solidworks I created few my own personal stuff.
So the take away for anyone is if you really want to learn a tool is
bring and apply it in your own life. Apply what you learn to something
useful, something that you need on daily basis. If you can do this you
will not forget anything they you will learn during this process!!

Search This Blog