Saturday, January 17, 2009

What are you planning to learn this year?

A couple of weeks back I made a post on my goals of 2009, I touched upon the skills that I want to develop this year.

Mine will be the python scripting language. Its a scripting language have been surfacing in many places that I have seen. I know vb script and that helps me automate most of my tasks in my day to day work but I felt that I need a scripting language which doesn't tie me to a particular platform, so I chose python. Hope to develop it.

My action plan is work everyday on this language at least 30mins per day. Yes everyday and I am not aiming to do great things in this 30 mins but am planning to learn all the features one day at a time. This is the same way I mastered c while I was doing my AeSI. One day , one program at a time.

The best strategy is that schedule a time to practice everyday. Whatever be your skill. Aim to do it everyday. Don't go for the whole thing on a single day. Say if your are learning Catia (Solidworks, NASTRAN, Ansys or any other tool) don't try to build a component everyday. Instead try to learn a particular tool or feature everyday. Some day it can be the loft, some time it can be the import feature. So learn this way.

It doesn't matter what you create or learn but make sure you put in the time you allocated consistently. You will definitely see improvement. 
So what are you planning to learn this year?

Don’t miss to read how I learnt NASTRAN, solidworks and ansys

Search This Blog