Thursday, April 16, 2009

Keeping reminders

When i was studying for aesi, making time tables was easy, setting time for study was easy, putting in the time also came along. But many a times i missed the goals i set, the tasks i assigned, I felt bad about it latter but it was always that some immediate new thing of some different nature that distracted me. Be it a new movie release or a juicy controversy that emerged from gie.

After a long struggle i discovered that many a times i simply failed to do my tasks because i forgot about them, i never realised i had to do it at that time. The main reason for me was that the constant new distractions overflowed on my task list.

So what's the takeaway message?

Keep reminders. Reminders of your goal. Yes it a simple step but makes a lot of difference if implemented. For my present goal of writing one blog post everyday, i have set my own reminders. Every time i stare at this mobile from which i am writing this post, i see the calendar to do item. Further more, after brushing this is the first thing i do. This two simple techniques has kept me on track of this goal. You can apply this to your own goals.

If your goal is to master catia or nastran, then resolved to practise it first thing that you do when you boot up your system. If studying a subject is your goal, then every morning set 30 mins to study that subject. Make it the first thing that you do in your day.

So you got the idea. So now get going and implement.

Search This Blog