Saturday, October 18, 2008

How to study mathematics.

There is a line of thought which says Mathematics is a difficult subject. But it shouldn't be so. In my college days I have so many of my friends squint in the name of mathematics. some loved it absolutely while others just did it because it was part of the course.

For me mathematics has been a favorite subjects since standard 7. It was in this standard that I leant about the beauty of mathematics and the powerful technique of revision that I am going to share with you here.

I have to say that the greatest lesson that I had from my school days sir was about studying maths and about revising.

He made maths easy and as far as I can say he made us understand the importance of revision.

What was his technique? It was simple but elegant. Whenever he came to class, he went for the blackboard and scribbled some numbers like this

exercise 1 : prob 3
exercise 2 : prob 6
exercise 4 : prob 4, 6

and gave us ten minutes to solve the problems he listed on blackboard. So what was unique. He never began teaching us new topic before we had a practice of the what he has already taught us. He never minded if we cheated as he said, do it with open book but learn so you can apply it in exams and in life later.

How can one apply this concept for learning anything?
Maths has problems like this propulsion 2 is a good candidate as it contains lot of problems

so apply this simple method and i know you will excel in maths. I sure did !!

Search This Blog