Friday, May 16, 2008

A unique revision system i learnt from my school teacher

Since exams i the focus of this month, so here's one more exam tip. This one related to revision. In my school days i was influenced by my science and math teacher Mr. Neogi. His teaching style was uniques and i have picked up a great revision techniques that he instilled in all his students. I wrote about it in OURAeSI long back and here again i am reprinted it as i think it will be helpful for students of Aeronautical society of India for their exams.

So this is what i wrote back then in OURAeSI


With exam just around the corner, I thought of sharing a great way of revision that Mr Neogi, my class 10's science teacher taught us.

Well how many of you have seen index on the back of any standard book. I am sure no one missed it but have you ever thought that this index can be a great tool for revising particularly when your course is complete and you want to concentrate on some important topics.

This is how i do it. Lets say my flight course is completed and i have throughly read the whole syllabus!. Then what do i do. Do i continue to browse through all the notes every time i read. Well no. I just go to the index and take a topic randomly and start writing about it. This serves 3 purposes.
1. I am strengthening the concepts in that particular topic.
2. By writing i am getting my speed so that i won't grasp for speed in exams. and in my case i am getting used to the spellings for which i can put a 4th Std student to shame!!
3. Just choosing and getting to write about any randomly chosen topic give a feeling of being in exams. It not only test my preparedness but also helps to gather some extra points which i might have missed when i was having a thorough study.

Well these are the primary advantages of the system that Mr. Neogi taught us. Its great and what more it works and i don't have to depend on others for this system. Kind of a self-study ! So guys if you like it, just make it yours.

Wishing you all the best !

Related stories


Some do and don't for the upcoming AeSI exams
How to pass exams?
When is june 2008 aesi exams?
Ebooks for aerospace
Wealth of knowledge in OURAeSI file section
Aerodynamics ebook on net
5 tips for studying for exams
How to eliminate Worries and confusions during training


Search This Blog