My name is Fahimudeen, I have got interview from Finmeccanica, can you provide me details for the first assessment telephonic interview so as to prepare. My interview is schedule to be on June 8th , If u send me details of what they are particular about. It will be great help to me to prepare, waiting for your earnest reply as early as possible.
and here's my reply
It’s good that you have got a call. Well for preparations please do learn as much as you can from Finmeccanica site about the program that they are offering and what does Finmeccanica does. Know what they do and how you can fit into it.
Most of the questions asked in first assessment will be non-technical, more related to questions which seek demonstrated examples of behavior from your past experience and concentrate on job related functions. They will inquire about your motivation for getting into this program, why you want an international career.?
The questions will seek examples from your working life.
The questions that they ask are as follows
1. What is your motivation of doing this course?
2. Why do you want an international career?
3. Describe a situation where you have worked with people with different culture?
4. Describe a situation when you did something out of your initiative in your present or former job.
5. Tell us an experience in your previous or present job where you did play a critical role and had accepted a challenge and what was the outcome?
6. What do you know about Finmeccanica?
7. How do you work as a team, give one example where teamwork really helped?
Ponder on these points and be prepared with real-file examples out of your life to answers this question. This isn’t technical round.
Apart from checking your motivation for doing the course they will also see and judge your communication skills. So do take extra care on speaking slowly and clearly while on phone. They have a different assent and for them you have a different ascent so be slow and clear.
Also search Google for techniques for telephonic interview and adhere to them.
Here are some suggestions for tackling story-based questions
* Analyze your own background. What skills do you have (content, functional, and adaptive) that relate to your Finmeccanica objective?
* Identify examples from your past experience where you demonstrated those skills. How can you "tell a story" about your use of particular skills or knowledge? Remember that a good story has a beginning, middle and end.
* Wherever possible, quantify your results. Numbers illustrate your level of authority and responsibility.
* Be prepared to provide examples of when results didn¹t turn out as you planned.
What did you do then?
Hope this helps. Best of luck and keep us informed.
Finmeccanica's selection process and my experience !!!
50 commons interview questions and answers
Finmeccanica -tips for telephonic interview